We envision a world where our youth are mentally strong, resilient, free of bullying and hopeful.
Be Strong’s mission is to save and improve the lives of our youth using a peer-to-peer approach to strengthen mental, emotional, and relational health, build resilience, and prevent bullying.
Be Strong is a charity that serves youth, parents/guardians, educators, and communities by:
- Hosting educational events
- Recruiting and equipping student representatives
- Supporting on-campus student-led initiatives,
- Providing social, emotional and resilience skill-building training, and
- Offering digital intervention tools such as The Be Strong App.
WHY DO WE NEED
of students have ATTEMPTED to Die by SUICIDE
*suicide is the second leading cause of death for students between the ages of 10 & 17
of students EXPERIENCED PERSISTeNT FEELINGS of sadness or hopelessness
of students STRUGGLED WITH A MENTAL ILLNESS
*less than 50% get help